Mini Bread and Butter banana Puddings with cherry glaze.
I made these mini puddings on a whim.
Was'nt really expecting to make anything that afternoon,but Boredom combined with new lime-green silicon mould got the best of me.
Honestly, I'm not a big fan of bread and Butter pudding.I mean,plain ol' slice bread and butter..how much can you really do with that?
But then again ,when you are bored and hungry I guess anything goes :)
This is an easy-peasy recipe and the size of these little puddings is really convienient. Also,adding a layer of cherry preserve in the middle really gave these puddings a kick !!
For the pudding:
Bread Slices 10 Nos.
Eggs 1 no
Powdered sugar 50 gms
Milk 100 ml
Fresh Cream 60ml
Icing sugar (for dusting)
Cherry Preserve 100 gms (optional)
For the cherry glaze:
Cherry Preserve 100 gms
Warm water 40 ml
Lemon juice 5 ml
*Preheat the oven to 160' C.
1.Cut off the crusts from the slice bread and keep them aside.Flatten each slice as much as possible and butter both sides of all the slices.
2. Cut each slice bread into 3 strips or accoriding to the size of the moulds and keep aside.
3.Prepare the custard:lightly beat the egg with the powdered sugar in a bowl.add in the milk ,cream,and vanilla essence and whisk till properly blended.
4. Slice up the bananas and keep aside.Do this at the last minute or else the bananas will start to turn brown !!
4. Place one strip of the bread in each mini mould. Top this with a layer of sliced bananas.Place another strip of the bread over this,and then bananas once again.If you want to add the cherry preserve layer ,now is the time to do it!!Continue till almost at the top and then rub some butter on the bread crusts that you had cut off, and press then right on top. Make sure there is a little space till the top of the mould so that the custard does not overflow.
5. Once you have finished layering each mould pour the custard slowly into each mini mould and allow it to fill all the spaces.You may move the bread around a little bit to make sure the bread soaks the custard properly.
6. Leave the mould to stand for a few mintutes and then top up the moulds with custard again.
7. Finally,dust the tops with icing sugar and put it in the preheated oven for 10-15 min ,or till the top turns brown.
8.You can bake it till the center is fully cooked(toothpick should come out clean) or leaving the center slightly gooey.
9.to make the cherry glaze,whish the cherry preserve,Warm water and lemon juice together till smooth.
9. Serve hot!!!
* If you try this pudding with Vanilla Icecream ,Please please send me some :):)