Little fluffy pieces of happiness .
Making bread is therapeutic.
Plus it makes me extremely happy because the dough gets so soft once you ferment it,it reminds me of my little baby nephew whom I miss a little more everyday :(
Anyway if you have a stand mixer,this bread is super easy, and it makes you look like a genius without having to do any work at all :)
If you don't have a stand mixer, it's pretty darn easy too!!
Well, hey!! look ! all you gotta do is pull off a tiny little piece and pop it in :)
Although you might end up eating the whole tray,which ermmmm ...might not really be good for that diet, so be careful :)
Here is the recipe:
STUFFED BREAD BITES:
Makes about 18 bites.
For the bread:
Flour 500 gms
Water 300 ml approx.
You can pretty much use anything you like,I've used a vegetarian filling :)
Boiled potato chunks100gms
Salt to taste
Chilli powder 5gms
Lime juice 5-10ml
- Make a well in the center of the flour and crumble in the yeast and sugar .Add a little water to dissolve them and begin mixing it with the flour.
- Continue adding water to form a soft dough and keep kneading for about 5 minutes.
- Mix together the butter and the salt and knead it into the dough. until it it soft and smooth.
- *If you are using a stand mixer,first add in the flour,sugar and yeast and being adding water while the mixer is on till the dough is soft.Then add in the butter and salt and allow to mix again.
- Once this is done,round it up and allow it to rest under a clean,damp cloth.Allow ample space for it to ferment.( ok, so this is the part where it feels like a baby's bottom :) ))
- Meanwhile,Prepare the filling. Heat the oil and add the chopped onion and garlic.Lightly saute it. Add in the turmeric and chilli powder and lightly fry it. Next, add in the paneer and boiled potatoes and stir it for 1-2 min.Sprinkle the mixture with lime juice.
- Once it has doubled in size (about 30-45 min) sprinkle some dusting flour on a clean work surface and turn the dough over on it. Divide it into small portions (35 gms each) and flatten it into a circle. Place a small portion of the filling on the dough. (and pack it up like a little money bag :) I can't really think of a better description
- Place the open part on the bottom. Be sure to seal em' nice and tight because otherwise they will open up when the ferment again :) Continue for the rest of the portions.
- Place all the portions in a round baking tray leaving very little space between each. and allow to ferment once more. They'll begin to stick to each other as they ferment. DONT FREAK OUT. That is exactly what we want :) keep it covered with a damp cloth and let it ferment for another 30 min.
- Place the tray in a preheated oven at 200" C and bake for 15 -20 min till the top is a nice golden brown colour.
- Once its done, Take out the tray and brush the top with melted butter :)