Welcome to 2012.
Sometimes it's alright to sleep a little longer on colder mornings,Sneak in an ice cream cone even though you have a terrible terrible cold,and add Big chunks of white chocolate to what were supposed to be 'healthy oat' cookies and take hurried photographs of the food you make because your rushing to go out or just plain lazy. Just sometimes.
I did that.
You can't blame me though..I made these cookies before even having breakfast!!Yes, I'm JUST that dedicated :p
The strawberries that are available here at the market are not as sweet as I'd like them to be,But I've got to say I'm just happy we're getting them pretty easily atleast.Strawberries have always been somewhat of a risky fruit. I mean,even during season it is hard to get hold of sweet strawberries.These cookies are nice and different since I'm not used to using fresh fruit in cookies.Im sure dehydrated strawberries would taste much better but they're very hard to get a hold of. Also,the strawberries leave water once you cut them which might thin down your batter and give you a very 'cakey' sort of cookie.You can add s happens .a little more flour incaseyou need to adjust the consistency.
Strawberry and White Chocolate Oatmeal cookies
- 2 cups roughly chopped fresh strawberries(big chunks)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 11/4 teaspoon baking soda
- !/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup White chocolate chunks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190 C.
- In a small bowl mix together in strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar and set it aside.
- Grease a baking tray or line it with a Silpat.
- Sift together the flour,baking soda and salt.
- In a seperate bowl mix together the butter,sugar,egg and vanilla extract.Stir in the rolled oats.
- Fold in the flour mixture little at a time .
- Once the flour is properly incorporated,stir in the strawberries and the white chocolate chunks.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of the mixture on the baking sheet and flatten it slightly.
- Bake at 190 C for about 8-10 min or till the cokkies are golden in colour.
- Remove from the baking tray while the cookies are still warm and allow them to cool completely.